CLEARY ESTATE CHESHIRE HOME
CHESHIRE HOME, CLEARY PARK is situated at 22 Fontein Street Cleary Park Port Elizabeth. Their 28 staff members provide care for their 43 residents living with disabilities, who come from impoverished communities.
CHESHIRE HOME, CLEARY PARK welcome VOLUNTEERS / INTERNS to become a part of their team. to offer any particular skill whether it be the hand of friendship, admin skills, marketing skills, any health science skill such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy. We are looking for volunteers who will come into the Home and think of their own creative ways to make life a little brighter for our residents.
The Home has limited resources like money, funders and sponsors. They have a great need of computers to empower their residents.
VOLUNTEERS / INTERNS learn the capacity to love, care and the ability to work with people with disabilities in a respectful and caring manner. Whether skilled or unskilled, your presence and input are far more valuable than you would ever imagine.
Volunteers / Interns report to a senior member of the team.
“To care for the poor is not an act of charity
.... it is an act of justice!”
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
WHAT CAN YOU DO:
BECOME a part of their team
- offer any particular skill whether it be the hand of friendship, admin skills, marketing skills, any health science skill, social work skills, any teaching skills, sport skills
- create ways to make life a little brighter for those your serve
- have great interaction with new cultures
- bring your world into their world!
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
A truly life changing experience through LEARNING:
- about new cultures
- to work and communicate with a culturally diverse group
- to share your experiences and culture with them
- to work with adults and children with disabilities from a different culture
- to become part of a team
- to love and to care
- to know that you HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE!